2001 ES Homelink problem

We just moved from a place where I had a Genie door opener and I was able to program the Homelink (1st button towards the window). It worked great. We just moved to another home and I had a Lift Master garage door opener put in and I have tried everything and cannot get it to take the code. I have gone in to the garage door opened and pressed the button and then got in my car and put the opener about 3 inches away and pressed both buttons at the same time and cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks! Russ

Reply to
SignatureMan

Follow the directions on Home Links pages at

However the year of your car may make a difference if it will work or not. Newer cars will work w/ either rolling code or non-rolling code operators, which your new opener is rolling code. However cars a few years old (I believe it's around 92 & prior years) are not compatible w/ rolling code & therefore will not usually work.

Doordoc

Doordoc

Oops, earlier post was suppose to be around 1999 or sooner (not 92) & I should have read your title more closely & see that you have a 2001. Follow the rolling code instructions & it should work fine. Pardon me for the confusion!

Doordoc

Reply to
Doordoc

You may need to erase the old code - follow the instructions for erasing existing codes and then try programming the new one.

I have an '03 ES and it works fine with a Lift Master.

Reply to
JCS

Your new opener has a "rolling code" You need to follow the subsequent instructions in your manual. My 04 ES had to go through both processes before it would work. The second stage involves pushing a "learn" button on the opener itself and then holding in the homelink button for a few seconds. As best I can recall.

Reply to
Cad Man

Got it working...thanks!

Reply to