2001 Is300 vs 2001 Acura 3.2TL

I am looking for a used car

probably one of these 2 cars... i wonder which is better in handling and performance??

which is more luxurious??

They are both nice car and cant decide on which one

Please advice

thanks in advance

Reply to
shawnews

Mark Klebanoff

You want a sporting machine, are willing to put up with a firmer ride to get it, and you don't have to deal with snow, it's the IS, no question. The Acura is a very pleasant car, but it is no sports sedan. Not intended to be. No true sports sedan is FWD. Honda has locked itself into FWD for its sedans and that is preventing them from building truly sporting sedans. A pity.

Reply to
GRL

when I was shopping for my IS, I looked at TL. I found it seriously boring-- basically an overgrown Accord with more power.

The IS is not for every> You want a sporting machine, are willing to put up with a firmer ride to get

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

Pardon my butting in, but how is the headroom in the IS and is the sunroof standard? Other Lexuses I've tried have been somewhat shallow in the vertical plane. Only an early LS (with no moonroof) was comfortable for me.

I had a TL for a couple for years and found it barely adequate. Preferred the CL but it had about an inch less, ruling it out for me.

I'm only 5'10", but tall waisted.....which means my legs are shorter, and therefore set the seat forward of average.....tending, in many cars to decrease headroom due to downward sloping roofline and upward sloping seat track angle.

Derek

Reply to
Derek A. Bill

I'm only 5'7", so I really don't know. While a sunroof is optional, I suspect you'd have to look hard to find an IS without one-- and that IS would probably be lacking in many other options, most likely escaine or leather seats as well.

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

I'm 5-10 and have no problem with headroom in my IS300. I agree that finding one without a sunroof would be difficult. I like mine.

Reply to
Alexander Mcleod