2001 LS 430

Hello,

i am considering a Certified ls 430 wondering if anybody can give any pros and cons for lexus VS bmw, mercedes, jaguar

thanks in advance

Reply to
kleviy

Buckshot LeFunk

The LS is the best Cadillac that GM never built. You get excellent reliability, a great ride, very good, but not "sporting", performance and reasonable snob-appeal, if that is significant to you. In the big sedan game, Lexus is the best. If you want a sporting sedan, however, you will need to sacrifice reliability and look elsewhere. As far as I am concerned there are only two real choices: Lexus and BMW. If Lexus was a bit more driver-involving, there would be only one choice a sensible person would make, Lexus. Lucky for BMW that Lexus chooses not to play in their pond.

Reply to
GRL

Reply to
Joe Wheels

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

That's the way the cop treated me last night. 75 in a 45. Funny thing was he treated me like I was somebody important. I didn't have my insurance card with me and my bond card was expired, which should have landed me in jail. All he had me do is sign that I would show up in court.

On another note I had to borrow my brother inlaws pick up to take some parts in to get powder coated. So I see him last night and he's telling me how my 745 shifts to 6th at 100MPH when it's in the sport mode. He had the car to 145 before he ran out of road. What a dick! That's faster than I've had it, especially on the snow tires. I think they are rated to 130.

As far as living large the Good Lord has been good to me. That's the only possible reason. By nature I'm a F**k up. :-)

Not to brag but I also own a 2002, Harley Electra Glide 74 Ducati 750 Sport (my favorite), 86, Honda 25R Quad, and two motorised scooters, one that will do about 40MPH. Talk about scary 40 MPH on two 10" wheels.

The list of vehicles I have owned goes for pages.

Hence the name Joe Wheels. :-)

Have a Happy New Year and may God be as good to you as he has to me.

Reply to
Joe Wheels

Sounds like all hat, no cattle to me! How big is your investment portfolio?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Thank you to everyone who replied.

i am looking for just luxury, no sport on this vehicle. picking it up this weekend

will let you know how it goes.

Reply to
kleviy

Picked up the ls 430 this weekend,

drove in the 745i to pick it up, and driving back in the ls what a difference... i like the ls much better.

caught snow here today, car handles pretty well in the snow mode.

thanks for advises.

Reply to
kleviy