2002 300gs radiator flush

Just had a radiator flush service and was charged a $40.00 premium for the fact that the Lexus uses different fluid. This car is fairly new to me, so when I checked the overflow tank the water had a brown tint to it. I figured it was time for a radiator flush. I watched them change the fluid and it was not the normal green color. So what is different about the radiator fluid?

Reply to
billyzoom

Normally Toyota coolant is red. If you paid more for the green stuff, I would be suspicious.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

No it was not green it was amber or brownish.

Reply to
billyzoom