2002 gs300 compass

Compass stuck on E. Is there a reset for this? Held down the auto button on the rear view mirror and the compass light went out when i pressed again it came back on still stuck on E.

Reply to
billyzoom

There is a sequence for resetting the compass on our Sequoia. I don't remember the sequence without referring to the owner's manual, but it involves putting in a "learn" mode and then driving the vehicle in circles so that it senses 360 degrees of movement.

Reply to
Ray O

Your kar is trying to tell you to drive East. Not sure why, but just do it. If the compass changes directons as you drive, you should follow the direction it gives. Obviously it knows something you don't, but don't feel bad. That is just the way it goes with these new computerized cars.

Reply to
mcbrue

The compass started reading C. Owners manual says that it needs to be calibrated when this happens. Drive in a circle three times. You can also change the region for the compass by holding down the button on the rearview mirror till a number appears. Owners manual tells you what region you are, as for me Los Angeles (region 5). Now compass works correctly

Reply to
billyzoom