2002 RX300 auto antenna

Guess who forgot to turn off the radio in the car wash...now need new antenna for RX300. Is it possible to get the mast only with cable or do you need the whole thing replaced. Also, any thoughts on alternate...lower cost...options for replacement other than dealer? TIA, Mo

Reply to
Moe Curly & Larry

Lexus sells the mast only and it is an easy replacement. I think you can also use a Pep Boys Toyota replacement mast. That will cost you about $15 vs $50 from Lexus.

alternate...lower

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

I have an LS400 needed to replace the antenna as well. Has anyone done that ? Please share your experience.

Vincent

Reply to
Vinny

I have only done the RX. On it you remove the nut, turn on the radio and the old antenna comes up and out. Align the new one with the track facing the rear of the car and turn off the radio. It will catch, and retract. Now put the nut back on and don't scratch the paint in the process (yes I did that).

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida