2003 ls 430 nav dvd

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:34:04 GMT, "bilyzoom" commented:

in the trunk. Passenger side.

Reply to
fourQ2

Found it I think. Just bought this car and am waiting for the nav disc. Do I have to remove the two black screws on each side of the unit or is there a release mechanism that will allow installation of the disc?

Reply to
Bilyzoom

You'll need to remove the two black screws but MAKE SURE that you carefully hold onto the screw head (or use a magnetic tipped screwdriver).

Retrieving the screws if they fall down under the drive can be a bit....challenging (don't ask).

Once you remove the two black screws, you can *gently* lift the front end of the drive up enough so that the door clears.

Once you done that, turn the car on, slide the protective cover covering the eject button and press the eject button. The disk will eject.

To install the new disc, just insert the new disc and let it load. Close the eject button slide and once the disc has successfully loaded (you'll need to go watch it on the screen), you can safely turn off the car and reseat the drive back into the compartment.

Done!

Reply to
01dyna