2003 ls 430 tires

This is my first winter with this car it has the 17" wheels with "summer tires". It drives bad in the snow. Anyone have any ideas on what tires I should put on this car for the winter. I called Firestone and Goodyear they have no idea. Thanks

Reply to
Vince Ballew

Visit TireRack.com and search by vehicle. You probably want Bridgestone Blizzaks or Michelin Sport Alpins. I have no affiliation with this company, other than being a satisfied customer.

Reply to
Sapere Aude

I suggest the RX330 for winter driving... forget the tires, get another car! help global economy!

Reply to
Dan J. Smereczynski

I have a 2003 LS430 and agree that the standard tires are not very good for winter.

I've installed Nokian WR tires and am very pleased with the much improved traction and the quite ride.

You can read about them here:

I had my Lexus dealer >This is my first winter with this car it has the 17" wheels with "summer

Reply to
Helmar Herman

I also had them installed on my LS and was very happy with them. I went to the local Nokian dealer who charged $147 per tire including all taxes and fees, balancing , a 50,000 tread life warranty, and free lifetime rotation. My Lexus dealer did not sell them.

Reply to
Frank Fitzgerald

Reply to
Vince Ballew

Another vote for Nokian WRs. Mine are great on my '04 LS430 here in the blizzards of Pittsburgh winter.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

You CAN NOT beat Nokian Hakka 1 or Q for ice driving with very little dry pavement - otherwise they won't last more than a 1 or 2.

Trust me, even in a foot and a half of fresh snow, they got me out. Simply amazing, but noisy. You cannot have it all.

Reply to
Patrick

I'm another very happy customer of the Nokian WR. Running a set on a '98 Mercedes E320. Snow, ice, and dry traction is very good. Also very quiet. I plan to use them year round. Handling is a little soft on dry roads, but nowhere near how poorly a dedicated snow tire handles.

Reply to
Paul

How do these compare to the Brigestone Blizzaks? Has anybody tried both?

Reply to
nickg.va