2005 ES 330 Tail Light Problem

Does anyone know if the 05 ES 330 has a recurring tail light problem?

Five months ago the tail light warning light came on and I noticed the tail light on the driver's rear trunk lid was out. I thumped it with my fist and it came back on but would go out periodically. Took it to Lexus dealer and told them I thought bulb was loose, they told me that the bulb wasn't replaceable (if I remember correctly) and that they would fix it that one time at no charge. They fixed it and the light has worked ever since. The dealer also told me that when the warning light comes on that I should bring it right in so they can trace the problem; for me not to thump the light to get it to come back on because if the tail light's on, then the problem is harder to trace.

Yesterday, the warning light came back on on the way to the office. When I got to work, I noticed the passenger rear trunk-lid tail light was out. I thumped it and it came back on. I was going to take it to the dealer on the way home but the warning light never came back on.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Does anyone know if a Technical Service Bulletin has been issued on this problem? If so, is there a web link to the TSB site?

Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Piacente

[...]

********** You can check tundrasolutions.com for TSB's by title but you have to pay to read the actual TSB's. A cursory check did not list the trunk lights as a subject for 2005 ES. If the light happens to come back on, my recommendation is to follow the dealer's advice and not thump the light so that the fault is present when you take it to the dealership, otherwise, you will pay extra for diagnosis. My guess is that there is a pinched or damaged wire somewhere near the hinge or a loose connection to the light fixture.
Reply to
Ray O