2007 ES350 Question

My ES350 came with a lighter adapter and a what looks like a line in plug in the center console. When I bought the car my dealer told me that there was no IPod adapter installed. I have yet to try but if I plug a line in from my IPod to the jack will I be able to get my IPod to play from my stereo??

I only have FM, AM, DISK and TAPE selections on my head unit.

What is this jack for??

Thanks,

JG

I believe it is a jack for a laptop computer.

Alan

Reply to
AlanW

Found this:

The Sound of Lexus Luxury The 2007 ES 350 features an enhanced standard premium audio system that includes an in-dash, six-disc CD-changer and an input jack for an MP3/WMA player or iPod®. Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) maintains consistent sound levels for this eight-speaker system at varying vehicle speeds.

Reply to
njbok

Actually, this is on Lexus.com site:

njbok

Thank you all very much!!

When I get home I shall try it out...

JG

Please advise how it works. Which input do you have to select to hear iPod, or does it over-ride all other inputs automatically. Do all other audio functions work (volume, tone. balance, fader) so input is into the pre-amp, or, do you control volume directly from the iPod (i.e.. iPod feeds only amplifier section directly and by-passes preamp).

I couldn't determine by looking at link to Lexus web-site.

Thanks!

Reply to
Xplant

If it's anything like the 2007 Camry, it should be the "AUX".

Reply to
-

If there is an AUX butt "I only have FM, AM, DISK and TAPE selections on my head unit."

so I didn't see any mention of an AUX input.

Reply to
Xplant

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. I was talking about the touch-screen control for the sound system, not a button.

Reply to
-

I have the 2007 ES350. It may be in the manual, but I did not read it. Here is what I discovered:

Go to Radio Shack and buy a very short cable with male-to-male miniature stereo jacks -- just like those on earphones; cost is about $4. Plug one end into the iPod/MP3/Palm or any other audio device, and plug the other end into the ES350's jack inside the console. Press the DVD/Disk button on the dash (you do not need the touch screen), and you will hear the output from your device. A cable being in the jack inside the console overrides the DVDs (even if the other end is not connected to an audio device!), so the DVDs are not available again until you unplug your audio cable from inside the console.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Proctor