2007 Lexus ES 350

I have been having problems with the voice command feature. For example, if I say "75 degrees" to change the temperature, it will give me the location of Japanese restaurants (honest!) or city center points of interest. It also does not recognize a number of other commands. On other rare occasions, it will execute the command correctly. I have a clear speaking voice so I'm sure it isn't my way of talking.

When I took the car back to the dealer, I was told that other ES 350 owners have experienced the same situation because of a software problem that will have to be corrected. I later called Lexus headquarters to inquire when the "fix" will be available and they had not heard of this problem. They are now contacting the dealer to find out what is going on.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with the ES 350 or any other Lexus model? If so, can you tell me how the problem has been resolved. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

- Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Harbach

I never, ever use the voicecommand thing in my '04 LS430. It's a neat "gee whiz" toy to impress your friends, but truthfully it's more bother than it's worth. I enjoy the car for the great quality machine it is....but the voicecommand thing is a PITA. Fagghedaboudit.

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

Thanks for all the help.

The Lexus dealer's service manager told me today that Lexus has acknowledged that there is a software problem with the voice command feature in the 2007 ES 350. Supposedly, a fix will soon be made available.

- Dennis

D.D. Pallmer wrote:

Reply to
Dennis

Yep, and supposedly there were fixes for my 2002 ES300's tranny quirkiness. After 3 attempts over a 3 year period, Lexus still has not produced an adequate fix for my vehicle. I "stayed the course", waiting and hoping that Toyota would fix the problem, counting on the historical quality of Toyota/Lexus. I read this weekend that Toyota's engineers are really stretched thin with all the products they are trying to support, which has led to the delay of the next Corolla redesign. This would explain the feeble attempts at fixing the ES's tranny problem. I don't mean to poop in your coacoa puffs, but just be realistic about the "fix will soon be made available" thing, it may not be for a while, and it may not even be all it can be. I've kind of grown disenchanted with Toyota/Lexus over the past few years. As the rash of recent recalls demonstrates, as well as the Japanese government's investigation of Toyota management over recall cover-ups, things are a bit different at Toyota these days. If Toyota was truly on top of their game, they would have already quickly adapted to the market and turned around a plug-in Prius hybrid. It would do at least 100mpg, and they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand.

"Dennis" wrote in message news:NMadnVW-LJQF_FjZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin