2008 GS350 Trouble Closing Hood?

I opened the hood on my 2008 GS350 to add some windshield fluild and got a surprise when I went to close the hood. I almost could not close it. The hood itself is very light so you cannot just let it drop for example like on a BMW. I had to try to physically push and slam it down using elbow power, but even this proved difficult. In the end I took it to a nearby dealer and the service guy struggled with it, eventually got it to close and said, oh yes, the seals are new and that makes it difficult, they are all like this.

Have you experienced this and is there some way to make it easier to close?

Jimmy

Reply to
Bartok

Try applying lithium grease to the hood latch.

Reply to
Ray O

thanks for the response. I just brought the car in for the a routine service and had them look at the hood latch again. they once again said it was normal although they admitted it was difficult. they said they checked another GS350 2008 with 10,000 miles on it and it had the same difficult hood closing situation. they mentioned to check back for a bulletin on it since they claimed none existed at this time.

i think i should write directly to Lexus and alert them to this problem.

As far as the "it's normal" type of crap. That's just the usual bull the dealer gives you when they couldn't solve the problem. You can actually try another GS hood and see for yourself.

Reply to
Bartok