91 camry 4cylinder have idle up valve for a/c?

Threaded View

If so...where is it??  When I put my a/c on and the fans kick on the car
shakes(idle low)...  Isnt there a valve of some sort to kick up the
idle?  Thanks:)Nel

Re: 91 camry 4cylinder have idle up valve for a/c?

IIRC, the idle-up is handled by the engine ECM.  What is the idle speed when
the AC compressor is engaged?  If idle speed is not actually too low, check
the engine mounts.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Re: 91 camry 4cylinder have idle up valve for a/c?

Hello:)   I was thinking about the mounts too but it seems I dont hear
the idle go up at all when the a/c compressor and fans engage causing it
to vibrate.   I tried to increase the idle speed screw a turn and its
much better but to high in park now so Im going to turn it back down.
Looking at the manifold where it says EFI  on the left side there is a
piece with a large bolt with a spring behind it that you can actually
turn by hand...any ideas on what this is(it has vacuum lines going to
it).   Thanks again Rayo!!

Re: 91 camry 4cylinder have idle up valve for a/c?

The idle speed is not adjustable.  I would not mess with any screws to try
to adjust the idle speed.

With the engine warmed up and idling, engage the AC and see if the engine
RPM goes up by about 100 RPM.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)