96 thru 98 Emissions Warranty Enhancement

I just received a notice from Lexus notifying me that the Federal Emissions Warranty has been enhanced to extend coverage of the Evaporative Control System to 14 years or 150,000 miles.

The notice says it applies to certain 1996 through 1998 model year vehicles (I suppose something about my VIN tells them it applies to me).

I have a 1998 ES300, and the notice is not specific to model, but rather, to model "years" 96 - 98.

Is anyone aware of a defect in the emissions system that they're addressing here?

Reply to
njbok