98 LS 400 Lamp Failure Message Won't Go Off

My 98 LS400 has the lamp failure message on all the time. I had one high brake light burnt so I changed both of them. Still get the message.

I checked all the other tail lights and they seem to be working (blinkers, reverse, etc).

Anyone know how I can turn off this warning? Can I bypass the sensor?

Tom

Reply to
courir26

Check your backup lights and license plate lights.

Reply to
Ray O

Also did you use bulbs from LEXUS?

Other brands of bulbs have different wattages and outputs, so the sensor may be incorrectly reading them and thinking they are not actually there, triggering the light.

Reply to
NYLexSC

also, a bulb that is pending total failure can trigger this

View this thread:
9656>

Reply to
old man