99 es300 stops running

es300 starts but then quits when you go to idel. any ideas what the problem could be?

Reply to
rjcookiii

my 99 rx300 did something like yours. it started and would idle, but would die when the pedal was pressed. cleaning the throttle control body shaft with cleaner did the trick

Reply to
S Epstein

Mass Air Flow sensor? My two Fords (86 Taurus and 93 Probe) both had that problem, which ended up being the MAF both times.

Reply to
Allen