AIt Bag dash light

Had to have the steering wheel pulled due to electrical wiring problem.

When all restored my mechanic could not find a code to reset the air bag light.

Can anyone be of any help?

I'd rather not take my 1990 LS 400 back to the overpriced Lexus dealer if I can avoid it.

Thanks much!

Reply to
TVPro

Was this wiring problem related to the airbag light?

How do you know all was restored? Codes don't reset air bag lights. Codes indicate where a problem lies.

Just ignore the light and buy some overpriced car insurance so your heirs will be taken care of when the airbag fails to deploy. What price do you put on your safety?

Reply to
Greg Suzuki

The entire wiring harness had to be replaced. All connections to the steering column were disconnected for a period during hte repair, causing the light to activate.

The Air Bag still tests OK.

Reply to
TVPro

Unless the harness melted or got crushed, I don't see this as being necessary procedure. They last the life of the car. If you have a short or other electrical problems, they usually can be fixed by somebody who knows what to do.

Reply to
Rex

I will respond, because even if you reset... the light will come back on if there is still a fault with the system on the next engine start .... so a reset will not avoid a system/safety fault.

He/you must at least know the codes/pins for the under the dash TDCL....they are on the internet.

If you have any disconnect in the circuit code 41 is fired and will not be clear without the following reset.....

It is a pain in the A$$ to clear...without the tool......but you get it after 1 or 2 tries....you just ground the two wires one after another until you get the fast blinking abs light....

cheers, rdl

------------------------------------

  1. CLEARING OF MALFUNCTION CODE 41 STORED IN MEMORY

(a) Connect service wires to terminals Tc and AB of the

TDCL.

(b) Turn the ignition switch ACC or ON and wait approx. 6

seconds.

(c) Starting with the Tc terminal, apply body ground

alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in

cycles of 1.0 + 0.5 seconds. Finally, keep applying body

ground to terminal Tc.

HINT: When alternating between body ground of terminals Tc

and AB, simultaneously release one from body ground while

applying it to the other terminal. If the time interval in between

exceeds 0.2 secs., code 41 will not be cleared.

(d) After several seconds, when the airbag warning light

starts to blink in a 64 msec. cycle, cancellation is

completed.

Reply to
Nospam