All wheel drive vs. front wheel drive SUV's

Seems clearly that you hold a minority opinion here!

Reply to
Jay Somerset

Oh, does it "clearly" seem that way? On ice and snow, Winter tires are better than all-seasons, obviously.

Reply to
dizzy

Well, it's true that people are stupid.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Of course, the laws of physics don't care about majority opinion.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

while it might be a minority opinion, it is not a wrong opinion, I have AWD and I drive a mb which I put on winter/snow tires on, I feel safer in the MB with snows on than I do in my awd cars. I have spun out in awd cars, I've never spun out in the mb with the snows on

Reply to
jdoe

The original statement, to which I took exception, was that snow tires on FWD was superior to AWD with all-seasons.

Reply to
Jay Somerset

as long as he has the snow tires on all 4 wheels snow tires are always better than all seasons

Reply to
jdoe

I used to have a Prelude with Nokian snows, and it was incredible in the snow.

Reply to
dizzy

You take exception to it out of your ignorance of the facts.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Try the Nokian WR all season passenger tire. It's the only one with the snowflake designator for winter driving--and I have to say, it's an amazing all-season tire. Quiet in the summer and no doubt a Nokian tire with the snowflake come winter storms, from snow to slush.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

neither. RWD. nothings more fun than rwd in the snow/rain or whatever. and all wheel drive is different than 4wd.

Reply to
chakis24

I guess there is little point debating anything with you. Into my killfile you now go -- feel free to do likewise. :-)

Reply to
Jay Somerset

a) I said you were ignorant of the facts, which is true.

b) Anyone who feels a compelling need to declare his killfile entry to the world, has problems.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Kill files are for losers who can't stand the truth.

Reply to
sharx35

R.I.P.

Reply to
Jay Somerset

Rant In Private?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Some of us have pink flamingos or birdbaths as lawn ornaments. FWD cars is a tad unusual. :-)

Reply to
DH