Anyone own a 1990 LS400?

This is not quite correct. Nokia listed "Nokian renkaat" as a separate company in Helsinki Stock Market in 1995. Today, the companies are fully independent publicly traded companies and have practically no connections.

So, yes, Nokia makes cell phones. And, yes, Nokian tires has been owned by the same Nokia that today is an IT company. But Nokia has not fully owned the Nokian tires for the last 10 years or so. Nokia has been a larger shareholder, but sold its remaining share to Bridgestone in 2003.

So, it would be more accurate to claim that "Nokian tyres are made by Bridgestone" than that "Nokian tyres are made by Nokia, the cell phone company." But still, both are wrong. The correct statement is more simple: Nokian tyres are made by Nokian tyres (Nokian Renkaat Oyj).

Reply to
Jyrki Alakuijala

Previously in alt.autos.lexus, Jyrki Alakuijala proclaimed :

I believe, and I may be wrong, but the reference to regulations are not US but Norwegian.

No argument here. I only said that a tire purely classified as a

*snow* tire, (not all season), isn't designed to be used year around and because of it's necessary tread design, will be noisier on dry pavement.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Reply to
wideglide01

Previously in alt.autos.lexus, Jyrki Alakuijala proclaimed :

thanks for the clarification and correction. I hadn't realized that they had split off.

Nokian --> Bridgestone --> Firestone.

Firestone??!!?? Yikes! ;-)