blue tooth phone

I have a RX330 05 with NAV. I bought a new Samsung blue tooth cell phone and tried to hook it up. It was very intermittent and even the Verizon tech could not make it work reliably. Even when we got it to work we could not transfer the phone directory. We tried his LG 8100 and it worked better but could not transfer phone directory.

Also, is it possible to dial using voice activation - I couldn't seem to find out how to do this.

Anyone out there have any luck with this application.

slosaul

Reply to
slosaul

The problem is with Verizon, not the the phone nor the car. Verizon has disabled the directory transfer feature.

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

slosaul wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

There might be/have been a lawsuit here. The feature is disabled because of a data net or something.

Reply to
Bo Yancey

My Motorola V551 with Rogers (in Canada) works ok with my 05 330 with NAV. You can't really use voice command thru the car but you may be with the cell phone. The problem I have is that if I dial from the cell then it will only connect to the cars speakers when it connects with the person I am calling... this leads to the person yelling "hello" a few times until the car switches over to the cell phone. Dialing from the touch screen does not have this problem.

As for transferring contacts... no problem, although I had to do it one by one. It also puts the names in Last Name, First Name so I had to switch all my contacts in my phone so I could have First Name, Last Name.

Over all it's good, but I have been contemplating switching to a plain speaker and mic like I had in my old RX300. Supposedly people are saying that it sounds like I am sitting in the back of the car when on the Lexus mic.

Hope this helps...

Jeff

Reply to
JG