Bluetooth - dumb question

Our ES 350 is "bluetooth compatible". Exactly what is it used for? Seems to be related to hands free cell phone usage but exactly how? Do we need to pay a monthly Bluetooth fee? Need a special cell phone.

I hate sounding so dumb but it seems a shame to have this feature without at least understanding it.

thanks

Reply to
Jane

Check here:

DaveW

Bluetooth is a standard for short range wireless transmissions. There are no fees to use Bluetooth. A common Bluetooth application is for a wireless earpiece for cell phones instead of the older wired earpieces. In the Lexus, it is used for hands free cell phone usage with cell phones with Bluetooth capability where you can hear and make cell phone calls over the car's speakers and a built-in microphone in the car. You do need a cell phone with Bluetooth capability. Most cell phones now on the market have Bluetooth capability. To use a Bluetooth system, the Bluetooth capable phone and Bluetooth device, in this case, your car's hands free speaker system, have to be "paired" so that they recognize each other.

Your owner's manual or local Lexus dealer should be able to help you get your phone and car Bluetooth system paired.

Reply to
Ray O