Brake light warning on 99 SC300

My brake warning light (on the dash) is on, but the parking brake is off, and the fluid level is 70% full.

The light is on when the car is cold, and when I make left turns..

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike

Ideas: Find out which Brake "light" is on, usually the parking brake light is brighter. Find a comparison. That will at least narrow the scope of your diagnosis. If it was something nasty like air in the line, you would have a spongy pedal and the indicator wouldn't be off much or light up in a turn. It would just be lit! Remember, when you hit the brakes you displace more fluid, bringing the level in the master cylinder down further. The fluid sensor may be on the left side of the cylinder, exaggerating the fluid level while braking in a left turn. Maybe try adding a small amount of fluid and see if the light goes out or doesn't light up as easily. That would be the cheapest fix...simplest too.

Brian

Reply to
B.Burns

snipped-for-privacy@ocg.ca (Mike) wrote in news:157350a2.0312230817.4aef5329 @posting.google.com:

Funny, that's exactly what's happening on my 95 SC300 as well.

Reply to
Drew

I'm surprised to see other people having exact same problem. Mine is on a 2000 Rx300. Only when it's cold, and only on left turns. I took it to a mechanic at the end of last winter, he said the rear pads are almost gone (front ones still had about 50% - WTF??). Well, he replaced the rear pads, and the problem was gone. Now, it's back again! Can't imagine changing rear pads every winter :)

I checked the fluid level, it's OK. Could there be some kind of sensor that needs a 'warm touch' or a replacement?

TIA.

Reply to
Roman

After extensive reading of other auto NGs, filled the brake fluid container 'to the rim'. No more warning lights. :)

Reply to
Roman

Reply to
sukki