Bridgestone Turanza LS-V tires

Hi!! :)

I've all but decided to put a set of Bridgestone Turanza LS-V tires on my 1993 LS400. [replacing the far too 'mushy' feeling Michelin X-One's] But before I do

- I'd love to hear from those of you who already have Turanza LS tire experience. The survey results from the TireRack seem very promising. But who knows - right?

OR - are there other tires that you would recommend? [based on your personal experience with 'them]

The tire size will be as stock - 225/60R16

Thanks, Craig!! :)

ps sorry about the A/C filter double-post. I'm new!! [and that's my excuse]

Reply to
CanadaCraig

I have an ES300, and replaced low milage Michelins with Bridgestone Turanza LS tires. Not sure what letter designation, but got 4 tires installed for about $500.

They are much quieter and ride better than the Michelins. They have great wet traction. I did a panic stop from about 80 mph to see what would happen... straight line very controled stop... was shocked at how far forward it it pulled me out of the seat. Great Lex breaks also help. I'm not a roadracer, but feel safe doing fast freeway lane changes. Never broke them loose at any point other than accellerating from standing start.

Best tires I ever owned in 40+ years of driving. Did lots of internet price shopping and comparrisons. the Bridgestone Turanza LS tires always were best value, and I agree. Go for it!

Reply to
TANKIE

Hi TANKIE!! :)

Thanks for responding to my message. Based on everything I've been reading [like the survey results on TireRack.com, etc.] people really do seem to like their Turanza LS tires. But it means more to hear from someone directly - like you. So thank you. Now all I have to do is decide on what speed-rating. My LS400 really should have at least a V-speed rated tire [because that's what they originally came with] but would the LS-Z tires be better? [or just more expensive!!]

Oh well... something else for me to obsess over - I guess.

Craig!! :)

Reply to
CanadaCraig

The higher the speed rating, the better braking and handling the tire will have. The downside is that the ride will become firmer and bumps will be jarring. I would stick with what the Manual recommends.

reading [like the survey results on TireRack.com, etc.] people really do seem to like their Turanza LS tires. But it means more to hear from someone directly - like you. So thank you. Now all I have to do is decide on what speed-rating. My LS400 really should have at least a V-speed rated tire [because that's what they originally came with] but would the LS-Z tires be better? [or just more expensive!!]

Reply to
Car Guy