Can I turn the Day lite Lights off?

Frankly I think the day time running lights are a pain. They irritate me when I see them on. Just burning up useless fuel and making us more dependant on the Mid East and big oil companies. So if someone can turn them on for a 470, why can't I turn them off on my 06 LS430? And NO - I AM NOT WILLING TO DRIVE THE 0.1 MPH SLOWER IT WOULD TAKE TO SAVE THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF FUEL !!!!! Again not much of a luxury car - just take what they give you for the lower price and more reliable product.

Reply to
mcbrue

You are the neediest most insecure person I have ever had the misfortune of interacting with Mr. McBrewski. I can't believe how many times you've told this group that you have the "'06 LS430 Ultra super deluxe really cool fully loaded boy am I great for having this car" model. You do realize that none of us care, don't you? You also do realize that your constant complaining is irritating to some, amusing to others, and impressive to no one. If the car sucks as badly as you seem to think it does, then you are a complete idiot for having purchased one. Redeem yourself. Sell it to some other moron who doesn't know any better, and buy yourself a kraut-mobile that will live most of its useless life in the shop.

-Another LS430 Ultra Lux owner, but one that is happy to have the car.

Reply to
Giga

The dealer can turn off the daytime running lights off permanently.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks again Ray! My salesman said they had to stay on.

Giga - wanna buy a super dooper duded up Ultra LS430? I am not requiring an IQ test as a requirement for potential purchasers.

Reply to
mcbrue

I do not wish to insult the salespeople who frequent this group, but you may wish to check with the service department to see if they know something the salesman doesn't ;-)

It does seem like you are not satisfied with the design and operating characteristics of your car, and your personal preferences are a mis-match. That does not mean that the car's design is bad or that your preferences are unreasonable. It is more of a mis-match between what you are looking for and what the car offers. IMO, it is kind of like someone preferring dry rub over wet sauce on their barbecue, or the history channel over ESPN, or redheads over brunettes.

Subjective preferences aside, I think you will find that the Ultra LS 430 is a pretty reliable car and will not require much in the way of unscheduled repairs.

Good luck with the daytime running lights!

Reply to
Ray O

I believe every car should have the day time running lights.

Reply to
Fidelis K

Most sales personnel don't know much about vehicles. They are just there to push the iron out the door. And most service departments (99%), will not know how to turn off the DRL's. I had to tell my dealer's service department the volume, chapter and page number of the GX 470 repair manual where it explains how they can disable the DRL's. And I've heard that many dealers will refuse to disable them. No doubt because they don't have a clue how to do it and second, they will say that they can be held liable if you then have an accident after they disabled the DRL's. Ridiculous.

Reply to
Robert

On 15 Oct 2006 20:14:39 -0700, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

..

well..it's obvious your salesman didn't either.

Reply to
amstaffs

And I agree. They are becoming mandatory in more and more jurisdictions, and with good reason. They have been proven to reduce the number of accidents and resultant death/injury, due to the increased visibility they give oncoming vehicles.

In these days of cell-phone induced driver distration, every little bit helps. What we also need is a total ban on hand-held cellphones when the vehicle in in gear!!! (But that is fodder for another thread.

Reply to
Jay Somerset

"Jay Somerset >" >

Not only hand-held cellphones but also hands-free ones.

Reply to
Fidelis K

Mcbrue, weren't you the one always bitching about tranny lag in the ES? And then you were stupid enough to get the LS???????

Reply to
Mack