Canadian Lexus

I have an 01 GS430 that was originally sold in Canada. It was imported into the US in 2002 and the speedometer was converted. I would like to get the climate control also converted from C to F. Anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks

Reply to
Me

Why don't you simply learn the celsius scale? Better yet, why doesn't the U.S. get in line with the rest of the world and go metric. Your exporters would see decreased costs.

Anyway, set the temp. at 22 and forget it.

Canadalexus.

Reply to
canadalexus

Are you sure you want to further challenge the children of America and their kids to learn something?

As a transplant it amuses me that poor undeveloped countries managed to bite the bullet, but not the lone super power!

Reply to
Sapper

Yeah, I'm sure it's the challenge to our children that's causing the reluctance to convert and not the billions of dollars it'd cost industry. These things are never economically motivated, it's always about how "stupid" we Americans are. Oh well, guess I'll just go back to staring at the walls now.

Reply to
Giga

I forgot about that.

Also forgot that all other developing countries bit the bullet and switched. And of course there is minimal cost to producing things in both the metric system (for export) and the foot pound system. Plus of course the cost to switch now would be even larger as the economy is many times what it was in the early 60's.

Reply to
Sapper

Fuck the rest of the world. Let them do it our way.

Reply to
Edgar

As Canadians you have little room to talk. Why don't you play hockey like the rest of the world ? Smaller ice, fighting all the time, silly red line. So what if it is your national game you should be like evryone else . Before anyone one get pissed I am just kidding. North American hockey is the best there is.

Reply to
Ice

I knew posting this request was a mistake, but I figured that Canadian Lexus people were above the "We hate the US because". All I wanted was to know if someone had a similar issue. Did I get and intelligent answer, NOOOOOOOO. Just a bunch of north of the border jerks who apparently are not above letting their ignorance get in the way of the opportunity to take a shot at the US. Don't worry though, if some foreign bully kicks sand in your face, we will still be there to bail you out.

Reply to
Me

Have you tried posting here

Regards Charley