CD Changer in 1992 SC300

2 years ago, I bought a '92 SC300 off a friend for $4k with everything electrical (sunroof, mirrors, seats, stereo) working perfectly. Unfortunately, I had a '03 LR Discovery that I was still paying off so I lent it to my dad to drive around. I dumped the Discovery (it was crap on gas) and took back the SC300. My dad is technologically illiterate and he didn't touch the tape or the CD changer, but yet it doesn't work anymore. I was wondering if it was something as simple as fuses or shorted wires or if I should throw just throw the whole thing out and spend a couple hundred for a replacement?
Reply to
mack.rocks.the.world

The reason the tape and CD changer do not work could be something as simple as fuses or shorted wires or it could be something more. I would start by checking the fuses and checking for power at the CD changer and tape player.

Reply to
Ray O

You also might want to consider repairing it . I had good luck with this company:

|2 years ago, I bought a '92 SC300 off a friend for $4k with everything | electrical (sunroof, mirrors, seats, stereo) working perfectly. | Unfortunately, I had a '03 LR Discovery that I was still paying off so | I lent it to my dad to drive around. I dumped the Discovery (it was | crap on gas) and took back the SC300. My dad is technologically | illiterate and he didn't touch the tape or the CD changer, but yet it | doesn't work anymore. I was wondering if it was something as simple as | fuses or shorted wires or if I should throw just throw the whole thing | out and spend a couple hundred for a replacement?

Reply to
John