CD Error 3?

Naturally this happens just as my RX330 goes out of warranty...

05 RX330 Mark Levenson stereo. When RX was 1st purchased 4 CDs were inserted in the 6 CD changer. Since purchase of XM radio last Christmas, CD player has not been used at all. Last week I decided to remove the CDs from the changer. I press the eject button, for several seconds it seems to be going through the eject process then just stops. I try several times with the same result. Try to play one of the CDs, after several seconds the display starts flashing "ERROR 3".

Any ideas what the error means and is the only remedy to take it back to the dealer for repair?

BTW they are commercially purchased CDs, not copies.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
KJB

If you can remove the unit yourself, you can either try taking it apart yourself to remove the stuck CD or send it out to United Radio in NY for repair directly.

Reply to
Ray O

Press the load button. When the CD door opens, insert a thin, flat item (a swiss army knife nail file works well) under the edge of the CD door in order to hold it open. Look inside with a flashlight and see if you can see a disc in there. If you can't see the edge of a disc, take it to the dealer. If you can see the edge of a disc, you may be able to get it out by this method: take another metal nail file and tape a 3" long piece of clear plastic shipping tape onto the top of the nail file starting near the tip and going down the length, with one edge of the tape even with the right edge of the nail file. Trim the tape so the amount of tape sticking out from the left edge is a bit wider than twice the width of the nail file. Line up the nail file just to the right of the center of the disc and with the adhesive side down, insert the tip of the nail file above and about 2" past the front edge of the disc. Slide the swiss army knife onto the top of the piece of tape and tamp the tape down onto the disc. Now pull the tape and the other nail file out, hopefully pulling the disc with it. Here's a very bad diagram of the tape/nail file device:

file tapetape tapetape tapetape tapetape file file file file file

KJB wrote:

Reply to
greg