Certified Preowned Lexus

How effective has anyone been in negotiating a price lower than the advertised price at Lexus dealerships on CPO'd Lexuses?

I'm under the impression that the advertised price is pretty much non-negotable, (for example I'm looking at late model 2001-03 LS430's)

Reply to
bounce

It depends mostly on supply and demand, color and condition. If it's a 330 and they have several in similar condition, you should be able to negotiate. On the other hand if it's the only red SC430 convertible on the lot you will pay the asking price else you won't get it.

Reply to
New Owner

Try doing your negotiation on the last day of the month with a teller's check for the amount you will pay made out to them. Show it to them and if they're behind on sales you may get a deal. It has worked for me. I've never tried it any other time.

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

That's absolutely not true. You can certainly haggle. We bought a 99 SC300 for $21k which had a $26,995 CPO price. It was marked down to $22,995 and we haggled them down to $21,000.

Originally the salesman said he would do $20K then when we were ready to sign said he couldnt move on price. He then low-balled us like crazy on our 1992 ES300 trade-in. We ended up getting only a fair deal on our trade in. Also, note the CPO warranty is NOT as good as the factory warranty. We've unforunately had a few issues with the SC such as: ac freon was leaking, needed replacement and adjustment. Antenna mask was loose and jamming. Also the vehicle needs new brakes and rotors front & rear. The dealer quoted us $1300 and we declined. We bought aftermarket cd/s rotors and brake pads on ebay for $250 and installed ourself. Not bad saving over $1k and not having to deal with the factory "rusty" rotors thanks to the new rotors "zinc coating"

Happy Motoring

::Owner, Admin and Avid Enthusiast:: James Merrill Site Administrator snipped-for-privacy@LexusLovers.com

Reply to
LexusLoversDotCom

It depends on the Dealer. Most advertised prices are already discounted from the asking price at the dealership, but there's always some wiggle room.

msb

Reply to
msb

I purchased an '03 RX 300 this morning for 33,500. The asking price was

34,900. They would not negotiate any further. Demand seems very high for used Lexus. This dealer (Northern Cal) has 3 full time financial writers processing one car after another.

Tappett

Reply to
gerald whitaker

That's RX330 money in the mid-west. You need to broaden your search in the future. Oops. CA, right? Never mind.

Reply to
GLitwinski

Anything is negotiable....we got $2700 off the price of a CPO RX 300, and got a major service for free as a bonus....use two or more dealers against each other. It is like any other negotiation - just keep saying "NO" until you get the deal you want.

Stephen Clark

99 Lexus RX300 Houston, Texas USA

Reply to
Stephen Clark