Check engine light do you have to have a OBDII??

REF: 00 RX 300 Do you have to have a OBDII code scanner to extract the codes for a check engine light or can you get them from a combination of key turns, and count the lamp flashes, as with my Maxima? I hate to have to buy a scanner, if it is not nessessary. The light on mine came on the other day (actually my wifes car) and then she told me "it's not on anymore" Would the code be stored? now that the lamp is out? TIA Bitsbucket

Reply to
Bitsbucket