Clicking noise on 2003 LS430 brake assembly?

Hi!

When I turn my steering wheel nearly complete left or right (or drive a curve), turn down the windows and drive slow I hear a "tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic" noise.

Dealer removed left wheel: the left brake pad is nearly up to the engraved slots and the right brake pad is nearly new. Disc is like new.

Dealer "assumes" this ugly noise may come from "worn" brake pads and wants to replace them by "try-and-error".

Anybody any idea out there? First time I noticed the noise at 15000 miles.

PS: the LS430 has the same grinding noise when stopping like my 2002 RX300. Noisy but very effective.

Thanks,

J.

Reply to
phase

Ah so! Sirry amelican reave window open and hear noise. Please shut window.

Reply to
MCBRUE

since my dealer removed the wheels and put them back on the cklicking noise is gone - superstrange.......

Reply to
phase

My guess about what had happened: There was a small stone wedged into the grooves of one of your wheels. The stone hit the pavement once per rotation, emitting a ticking sound at slow speeds. Your dealer removed this stone.

Reply to
Jyrki Alakuijala

not at all: the noise was for about 3000 miles! also the noise was identical on both sides.

i was 6 feet away next to the dealer - he didnt check the tires - he only complained they are not good anymore (haha, still 60% from new in the middle area but totally worn outside because of low turning circle of the LS).

maybe this doesnt occure when you change your wheels from front to back every 6000 miles as written in the manual. maybe its good to remove all screws from time to time and fix them again?

Reply to
phase