Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they recommend?

My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of the magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!

I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they could send me the info to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. If they have any attachments, please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail address. I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.

Regards,

Car Guy

Reply to
Car Guy

I HAVE IT! I'll send it scanned!

attachments,

Reply to
B. Newman

I sent it. Lemme know if you got it!

Reply to
B. Newman

Reply to
Car Guy

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

What the heck does it say?????

Reply to
MCBRUE

It depends upon your vehicle type and intended use. For cars, Michellin makes the best overall normal tires(ie - not racing or high-speed). For trucks, BF Goodrich is in the top 3. It's pretty hard to beat the all-terrain T/A for reliability and decent off-road results.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

I didn't read any of the other responses but have a suggestion. Sign up at Consumerreports.org for an online subscription. That what i have. You have access to the current month issue and tons of previous stuff.

Reply to
DonB

I have obtained the review. Thanks to those who replied and assisted me.

attachments,

Reply to
Car Guy

Can I get a copy too? :) My email is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com! Thanks!

Reply to
hlee

Isn't that a copyright violation?

Reply to
Mark A

The Nov 03 issue of CR is available on most any newstand for $4. Splurge.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

It's available at most public libraries. Your hard earned tax dollars at work. Make use of it.

Reply to
Mark A

That looks exactly like a chicken's footprint. Is that why chickens are much better at wet-traction than human beings? :)

Reply to
Iona Camry

Well, the 'V' is great for shedding water but awful for trying to 'tramline' - tending to track along or swerve away from striations on the road surface. In my personal experience, that tread design offers more flaws than advantages.

-- Pete

Reply to
Pete

I happen to have the top rated "ultra high perforance" tires, Goodyear F1 GSD3 on my IS300, and the top rated "all season" tires, Falken Ziex ZE512 on my '89 Dodge Caravan. I bought the Goodyears a few months ago based on Tire Rack's owner surveys.

The F1 DSD3's on the IS300 stick really well wet and dry, are very resistant to hydroplaning, but they are rather noisy. It's hard to really evaluate the performance of the Falkens on my oldish minivan, but they are much quieter than the Goodyears and the van feels much better with them than with the Dunlops they replaced. Maybe the noise rating is on a different scale for the two types of tires.

From what I can tell so far, I'd definitely agree with CR's recommendation of the Falkens, and if you don't mind tire "sing," the Goodyear F1 DSD3's are hard to fault, at least from my experience.

Reply to
kokomoNOSPAMkid

I had some of those v type directional tires on my IS I hated them the were very noisy and tried to follow every groove in the road, I just put on some Pirelli P zero Nero tires they are awesome very quiet! non directional and they seem to stick like glue , now my car rides like a Lexus not a Corvette, it just handles like one!

Mike

Reply to
Simmonsmc

Reply to
David Silverman

I would suggest Dunlop SP Sport 5000s as my friend with a 93 SC400 loves these tires.

Reply to
Car Guy