Coolant color question.

My coolant level is a little low and I was trying to figure out what to top it off with. Is the difference in colors between the red and newer pink coolant that distinctive? My 2003 ES300 should be red, I believe. But it looks pink to me. Maybe it was changed along the line somewhere. Does it matter which one I use?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joseph Zarrello

The red coolant is Toyota Long Life Coolant, and the pink is Toyota Super Long Life Coolant.

Check with your local Toyota dealer parts department for compatibility.

Reply to
Ray O

The 2003 ES300 uses the red Toyota Long Life Coolant. 2005/06 started the Pink.

Reply to
lexuspartsdept

Well mine is definitely a light pink color. So the car must of been serviced along the line somewhere and thats what they refilled it with.

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Zarrello