Dancing Hood Problem.

Hi all. This board has been extremely helpful for me with my last Lexus repair. Here's the deal now. I had a front end collision 3 years ago. After the repairs, all was well for about 2 years. I decided to put a front end bra on the car and for awhile the hood would need about 4-5 attempts to close. A little bit later it took 30-50 attempts to get it to close. I would close the hood and it would it push right back up. The hood lock just wouldn't do any locking without so many attempts. I changed the hood lock and even did a little manipulation w/ the radiator support. The hood still needs many attempts to close (I only open it when absolutely necessary). Here's the problem. On the highway, I can see the hood going up and down very slightly. The hood is locked closed but it is almost like there is extra (Slack) as the hood has these slight movements. Obviously the faster I go and the wind conditions has an affect on my dancing hood. How do i keep the hood from dancing? Thanks.

Reply to
handogg

Don't play the radio so loud! (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Seriously, besides the primary and secondary hood latches, there are 2 bumpers on the fenders to support the front corners. These bumpers have a lock nut and you can screw them up and down to adjust them. There is also some adjustment at the hinges. The hood latch is probably set too tight or the bumpers are too high. That is why the hood flexes and why it is so hard to latch. Also, if the front end mask rubs at the side lips of the hood, it will be harder to latch.

Reply to
Ray O

Adjust the rubber nubs...put more pressure between the hood and the hook. Just making sure that your hood still latches and stays latched. Sure wouldnt want it to fly up while driving...but since its probably pretty heavy it'd take a good speed.

Good Luck.

Reply to
nodrogkam

Need more body work.