Defeating the phone and navigation motion lock on Lexus GX470

Hi all,

I just bought a 2006 Lexus GX470 and I love it. The navigation system is sublime. I really did love my previous BMW X5, but this vehicle's gadgets are awesome.

My only issue is that I cannot access the phone or nav features while driving. I have used the sub-menu override on the navigation with success, but it still does not allow the phone to be utilized. Also, doing the override everytime I start the car is a little on the bothersome side.

Is there a similar override for the phone features?

Ideally I am also wondering if there is a more permanent solution to unlock both the phone and the nav without having to repeat the steps every time the car is started.

Please help! Thanks in Advance!!! Regards,

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

says you need the Lockpick 1. That handles nav; to do the phone thing as well, you need the Blue Lockpick 1 instead, which does both:

I have their stuff in my Prius. It works, and it's elegant. Their customer service historically leaves something to be desired, though.

But for a hundo and a half, it's worth it.

Note the warning on the version 6.1 Nav:

  • NOTE: IF YOUR VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED OR YOU UPGRADE TO NAVIGATION MAP DISK 6.1, THE LOCKPICK1 WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK THE ADDRESS INPUT FEATURE OF YOUR NAVIGATION SYSTEM. THE VIDEO, AUDIO, BLUETOOTH AND "I AGREE FUNCTIONS" WILL STILL BE OPERATIONAL*
Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty