Disabling alarm '98 ES300

How can I permanently disable the car alarm in a '98 ES300? I purchased it without the beeper so I need to open the trunk in order to disactivate it. Also, the part in the door related to the alarm is broken so, therefore, when I open the door, the siren starts sounding. So I figured that the cheapest way would be to just disable it permanently. How can I do this? Do you have any other suggestions? How much would a new (and decent) alarm cost?

Thanks.

Reply to
VMI

Does the alarm go off when you open either front door with the key?

I would imagine that it is less expensive to replace the switch in the door lock than it is to purchase another alarm.

Reply to
Ray O

It goes off when I open either of the doors. The electromechanic said that it was the switch that was broken. While I look for the parts to replace them, I'd like to disable it. Is this easy to do? Would you know where I could find them? I'm trying ebay, but I don't know the name of the part.

Thanks.

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
VMI

I don't know the name of the part offhand, I'd have to look it up tonight. It strikes me as unusual that both switches are bad, unless someone tried to slim jim the doors and damaged the switches or wiring. It may be worth a look inside the door panel to see if it is just a cut wire that can be spliced.

If it does need parts, your local Lexus dealer will have the parts, or if they are helpful, can at least give you the nomenclature and part numbers.

As far as disabling the system, that is the first time anyone has ever asked me that question, and I would have to take a look at a service manual to figure it out.

Reply to
Ray O