door lock problem - 2003 ES-300

Recently, after my warranty ended, the rear door/driver side automatic door lock stopped working on my 2003 ES-300. I spoke with a friend with the identical vehicle and he told me that the same door lock stopped working on his ES-300. After Googling a search, I found several messages indicating that this may be a "known issue" and that dealers are installing "updated door locks". Before I contact my dealer, I am wondering if others have had this issue. Everything else on the vehicle has worked flawlessly, so I am surprised that something like this would fail so quickly.

I am also wondering if I might have inadvertently disengaged a feature that would keep the lock permanently locked (I once did this unknowingly with my automatic trunk latch).

Thanks!

- Carl

Reply to
tech

There is no feature that keeps any of the passenger doors permanently locked, although there is a child safety feature on the rear doors. When engaged, the interior door release does not work although the door can be opened from the outside.

Reply to
Ray O