EGR valve---2000 RX300

hi,

does this vehicle have the EGR valve? If yes, can you tell me where it can be found, and if there is a diagram available on the internet showing its location?

I am getting the P1130 and P1135 check engine codes and this points back to EGR and possibly the EGR vacuum modulator

Reply to
Fish

Ray O

Ray O,

Thanks, Yes I am sure of the codes, not so sure of the EGR valve...

I think I need to replace the AF sensor in Bank 1 rear, in front of catalyst. Is this an accurate interpretation of the codes P1130, P1135?

Thanks, Tom

Ray O Wrote:

Reply to
TBURK

The reason I asked whether you were sure of the codes is that they are not standard OBD II diagnostic trouble codes and are probably proprietary codes for Lexus. I do not have ready access to proprietary codes, although they will most likely be listed in the factory service manual, along with detailed diagnosis procedures.

Your best bet is to look at the factory service manual for a correct interpretation of the codes.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray,

Thanks you were a help. I have been given this advice, and I think it is good. Do you agree?

Replace bank 1 sensor 1 (rear head,sensor before cat) AF sensor.

Thank you, Tom

Reply to
Fish

Tom,

Note that the Air Flow sensor is not the same thing as the O2 sensor.

The air flow sensor, sometimes referred to as a MAF (manifold air flow) or MAP (manifold absulute pressure), measures the amount of air entering the intake manifold. The air flow sensor, along with the O2 sensor, throttle position sensor, RPM sensor, coolant temperature sensor, tell the computer how long to keep the injectors open.

The O2 sensor is in the exhaust stream and tells the computer if the air/fuel mixture is too rich or too lean and then the computer adjusts injector pulse duration to achieve the proper air/fuel mixture.

There is only one air flow sensor and there is no reference to Bank 1 or Bank 2. There is a before cat and after cat O2 sensor for each cylinder bank. Bank 1 is the side closest to the passenger compartment in your vehicle.

I generally recommend checking the signal from an O2 sensor before replacing it, although when a trouble code points to a particular O2 sensor, the sensor is generally bad.

Since I am not familiar with the trouble codes you posted, I can only assume that what you posted is correct and chances are (~90%), replacing the O2 sensor will cure the problem.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray,

I think the cylinders in this vehicle run front to back rather than side to side.

I think i catch what you are saying though.

Thank you, Tom

There is only one air flow sensor and there is no reference to Bank 1 or Bank 2. There is a before cat and after cat O2 sensor for each cylinder bank. Bank 1 is the side closest to the passenger compartment in your vehicle.

Reply to
Fish

Hmmm.....

I believe that RX has a transverse-mounted (sideways) engine and transaxle, as opposed to a longitudinally mounted drivetrain.

Reply to
Ray O