ES-300 1992 Timing belt idler

Hi

The thing is starting to squealing like a banshee, settles after it warms up. I don't want to pull it all apart, and I realize that it could be the water pump, or the lower idler. But to make it simple can I pull off the top cover, drop the tensioner, take pressure off the upper idler, swap in the new one and then button it back up?

The belt isn't that old, 4 years.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ray Burnaby Canada

Reply to
<ray08

Assuming that the idler is the cause of the noise, yes.

Reply to
Ray O