ES-330 Navigation System

I have a 2005 es 330 with the Nav System. (Latest DVD) Testing it in areas I know it is not been very accurate.

For example I was at the dealers and programmed it to take me to a Military site (Base Library) the shortest and quickest way (route I selected) is due south, of the dealers, about 5 miles. Leaving the dealers it took me South however in about 2 miles it said turn left. I of course ,did not and continued on a few blocks later it again said turn left. Again I ignored it.This was repeated at all of the intersections Upon arrival at the main gate it stated "make a legal U turn" I did not and after I was on the base it then directed me to Library

Another short case I programmed in a location and it took me down a state road towards the programmed location.(The location was about 3 miles on the SR.) On the way it told me to turn right (which was the entrance to a shopping Mall) I no sooner made the Rt.turn it then advised me to make a legal U turn. I did this when I returned to the state rd it told me to make a right turn. This put me back on my original course before I made the Rt. taking me to the destination.

I question how I can use this with any trust when I am in an area that I am unfamiliar with. I previously had a Garmin SP III which was very good. I regret investing in this option. Does anyone have like problems or solutions?

Reply to
Burt

"Burt" wrote in news:2dzVe.41782$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

This problem is not uncommon and is due to errors in the map database. My LS430 does that sometimes, but not frequently. In an unknown place it will eventually take you where you want to go, but it may take longer. The errors are confined to specific locations. I have similar problems with my Garmin 2710 - the maps are suplied by the same vendor: Navtech, to both Garmin and Lexus. In my experience Garmin has a much better point of interest database. If I bought it now I would not buy the Nav system for the Lexus.

Reply to
Colin