ES300 ABS warning light

I bought a 96 ES300 last week. Two days ago when I was drving on highway I found the ABS warning light comes on. The detail symptom is:

When starting the engine, the ABS light comes on then off, which shows its normal and passes the start up self check, and if you drive with speed below about 75mph, the ABS light is off, which is also normal. But if you are on highway and reach the speed of 76mph or above, the ABS light will on and will not off, although you slow down the speed later. If you turn off the engine and restart it, the ABS light will be off until you reach 76mph again and then it comes on.

Anybody has suggestions? What part of ABS system has problem?

Reply to
felixcat

The only way to check for sure is to pull the codes. My guess would be a bad speed sensor or a tire that is a slightly different size from the other tires.

Reply to
Ray O

Could be one tire has low tire pressure.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

"Travis Jordan" quipped:

don't think, unless it was an option, that the 300's came with that feature.

We had our '00 ES300 show an intermittent ABS warning light and out of frustration, finally took it to our dealer to diagnose. It only took them about half an hour and they discovered that the rear wiring harness that snakes down one of the arms of the trunk lid had worn through the insulating and was shorting out, causing for some odd reason, the ABS light to light up.

It was covered under our extended warranty and they just replaced that section of the harness and did some minor re-routing to prevent it from happening again. One day in the shop and it's been fine ever since. (about a year ago).

Reply to
amstaffs