ES300 Headlight Assembly

Hello, I am new to this group. Just bought a 1996 Lexus ES300 w/ 80k miles, and need to replace a broken headlight. I am having a very hard time locating headlight assemblies for this car. Does anyone know where these can be located? I contacted a Lexus dealership and the cost for a replacement headlight assembly was over $700 (ouch!). Other than the headlight, this car appears to be in good condition, and I am fairly excited about the purchase.

I will only buy Toyota products, and have only owned Toyotas since I started buying cars at 18. My mother is still driving a 1990 Celica GT w/ 320k miles on it, and the engine has had only minor maintenance and repairs since it was new. My last car, a 1988 Celica GT, has 250k miles on it, and I only got rid of it because my girlfriend drove into a telephone pole with it. :)

I have a friend who bought a Ford once, and it was a serious pile of garbage, always breaking down, etc. I convinced him to buy a Toyota Camry and he has been very happy with it.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info on where I might find replacement Lexus parts...

Reply to
linux_pro