ES330 STEERING PULLING

CAR PULLS GENTLY, STEADILY, AND CONSTANTLY TO THE LEFT ON THE HIGHWAY. WHILE NOT SERVERE, IT REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON THE WHEEL TO KEEP IT FROM GOING LEFT. WHEN ACCELLERATING, IT DOES NOT SEEM AS NOTICABLE. DEALER REALIGNED CAR AND IT STILL REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON WHEEL AS SOONER OR LATER THE CAR IS GOING TO START HEADING LEFT. IT WAS LIKE THIS WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW 2 MONTHS AGO. HAS ANYONE HAD SAME PROBLEM? SOLUTION?

Reply to
dsshrink

NOT SERVERE, IT REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON THE WHEEL TO KEEP IT FROM GOING LEFT. WHEN ACCELLERATING, IT DOES NOT SEEM AS NOTICABLE. DEALER REALIGNED CAR AND IT STILL REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON WHEEL AS SOONER OR LATER THE CAR IS GOING TO START HEADING LEFT. IT WAS LIKE THIS WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW 2 MONTHS AGO. HAS ANYONE HAD SAME PROBLEM? SOLUTION?

Reply to
Dan

maybe the next thing to look at is whether one of the front tires is defective?

WHILE NOT SERVERE, IT REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON THE WHEEL TO KEEP IT FROM GOING LEFT. WHEN ACCELLERATING, IT DOES NOT SEEM AS NOTICABLE. DEALER REALIGNED CAR AND IT STILL REQUIRES A CONSTANT HAND ON WHEEL AS SOONER OR LATER THE CAR IS GOING TO START HEADING LEFT. IT WAS LIKE THIS WHEN WE BOUGHT IT NEW 2 MONTHS AGO. HAS ANYONE HAD SAME PROBLEM? SOLUTION?

I had this problem once on a VW I owned. Alignment did not help. Turned out to be an off center belt in the tire. One way to rule this out is to switch the left front tire with the right front tire. If the car then pulls right, you have found the problem. You can not tell by looking at the tire. If it is an off center belt, it should still be under warranty. SF

Reply to
sf/gf

In news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, dsshrink being of bellicose mind posted:

Shops and dealerships with reasonably modern equipment can generate a print out of your alignment settings before and after adjustments. Keeps everyone honest. A full four wheel alignment is required on your car ... not just a front toe adjustment.

Reply to
Philip®

A gentle drift might be due to road crown. Or, try cross rotating the front tires and see if it drifts right. You may have "radial pull" from the tires.

Reply to
Greg Suzuki

I've only owned FWD cars until I got my GS300. It seems that these FWD cars always had a problem staying in a straight line. Pulling, drifting, holding the steering at an angle to make it go straight, etc. RWD, perfectly straight. Don't have to hold the wheel much anymore. Even after alignments the FWD cars were not really improved.

Reply to
Rex

The ES330 I bought today pulls to the left also. The dealer is going to check to see if it's the alignment or very possibly one of the new chrome replacement wheels I opted for.

Reply to
JudyInTX

to see if it's the alignment or very possibly one of the new chrome replacement wheels I opted for.

Second the comments to check the tires. Had a similar problem, alignment didn't help, turned out to be a detached belt on the tire.

Reply to
nickg.va