Fair asking price?

Any dealers out in here who have a good knowledge of pricing for a used Lexus? What I have is a spotless 2001 Lexus ES300 with moonroof, heated seats, chromed 2003 ES rims, cd changer, traction control and I guess that about covers it for possible options. The car only has 12,300 miles on it. I figure the miles should get me somewhere but the Lexus dealer only wanted to give me $12K on trade-in and an Acura dealer only wanted to give me $13,500 for it and neither was willing to offer much off of the asking price of the cars I was considering. I think I can get more based on the mileage and condition so I've decided to sell it privately. I'm in the northeast region, any guesses as to how much I can reasonably expect?

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:07:37 -0500, "Jim Tiberio" graced this newsgroup with:

depending on your area, you can probably ask between $14-$17k.

Check kelly blue book

and IMHO, a more accurate estimate can be found at edmunds.com

OR..just look in the paper and see what private sellers are selling their cars for as well as what local dealers are selling it for.

Personally, I will usually expect to pay more from a dealer than a private seller so whatever your local dealers are selling your car for, drop it about 5-10% and sell it yourself.

Reply to
kegler

That is why I'm asking, the range between these guides seems big and prices optimistic. Thanks for the reply.

Jim Tiberio