GS 300 Power Invertor Problem?

I Have a GS 300 SE ....... I recently purchased a power invertor ........ I bought this for (A) My daughter to watch her DVD player and (B) also for me to re:charge my laptop whilst on the move!

Im in the UK so the invertor is converting my 12V power into 220/240w.. If the invertor is plugged in, the performance of the car is seriously affected .......... more so at 80MPH + ....... the car feels as if 1/2 spark plugs have been removed! (ie: it shudders)

Should this happen? Have I bought a too cheap Invertor? Will A better quality one resolve my problem?

Reply to
Brian Jackson

I am pretty sure that your power inverter is change from 12 volts to 220/240

*volts,* not watts. I doubt if the draw from the inverter is causing the problem, because the fuse for the outlet should blow if that is the case. It is possible that the inverter is generating some kind of interference for the car's computer.

Using an inverter to power a laptop or DVD player is a very inefficient way to supply power. You are converting from 12 volts DC to 220 volts AC, then the adapter on the laptop or DVD player is converting it back down it operating DC voltage.

A better approach would be to get the 12 volt adapters for the DVD player and laptop.

Reply to
Ray O

Thank you for your response!

Reply to