GS 400 V8 Timing Belts

I'm coming up on 90,000 miles. Anyone recently had their timing belts replaced? Wondering what the approximate cost will be. I had an ad from Toyota and they charge $279 for the Toyota V8 (same engine as Lexus).

Reply to
Randy Kalal

I haven't had this done but I'd be shocked if it was that low. You average Honda cost double that for a belt swap and I'd imagine it would cost more for a Lexus. One thing's for sure, don't put it off, breaking a belt while at speed makes the valve train VERY unhappy.

Reply to
Road Rage

I don't believe that the 1UZ-FE engine was available for any Toyotas. You're perhaps thinking on the the 2UZ-FE engine that was available for the Tundras. That's a 4.7 liter version crudely based from your

4.0 liter engine. They're different enough that the Toyota dealer technicians may not have the experience needed for your specific engine. That doesn't mean they'll do a poor job.
Reply to
Viperkiller

Reply to
Randy Kalal