GS300 Headlamp Adjustment

I have a new (2006) GS300. The low-beam headlights seem to be adjusted too low. On the highway, the beam hits the road about 30 feet away, and does not illuminate much further out than that. If an animal started to cross the highway ahead of me, I probably would not see it. Even the white lines are not visible more than 30-50 feet ahead. I don't feel safe driving at highway speeds with only low beams on.

The owner's manual shows an adjustment for both verticl and horizontal aiming. The dealer said that these were "AFS headlights" and not adjustable. Which is correct? Is the adjustment something that I can do, or would a dealer have to be persuaded to do it?

What are other peoples experiences with GS300 headlights?

-Jay-

Reply to
Jay Somerset

"Jay Somerset >" I have a new (2006) GS300. The low-beam headlights seem to be adjusted too

I would suspect that the adaptive front lighting system ((AFS) are not user-adjustable.

That said, the dealer should be able to determine whether the headlights are properly aimed or not.

Reply to
Ray O