GS300 moisture under driver side floor mat

I have a 1998 GS300. I've been having moisture (ok, its really wet) under the driver's side floor mat. Soaked carpet. I'm wondering if its condensation from the A/C(?). I also thought that perhaps there was something leaking down the firewall under the mat - but that doesn't seem to be the case. The only moisture I can find is in a circle (about a foot across) in the carpet under the center of the floor mat. Its done this off and on during the summer, which led me to the A/C theory - though I really don't know what I am talking about.

Can someone help??? Thanks a bunch!!

Reply to
Rex

Last Saturday's Cartalk show (cartalk.cars.com) had a call about a similar problem with a Lexus (can't recall if it was an ES or GS 300) and the problem was determined to be water leaking in (up) from the steering column. Something to check for.

David S.

Reply to
David S.

or.... you might have had a scarry exprience on the highway.... or you might have a prostate problem...you might check for that.

Reply to
nGT