Guess I wont be buying the IS 250

I've been waiting to test drive this car for a very long time. But, according to the website, the interior is not available without the goofy wood trim. Sorry folks but that's a deal killer for me. Looks like I will be getting the BMW instead, at least there is an aluminum trim option.

Reply to
Biggy

Frankly, you are better off with a new 325i. C&D just did a quick test and it's their best sport sedan under $35,000. They actually showed you get one nicely equipped for low $30's and it accelerates as well as the old 330i. If you can get over the styling and don't mind the likely (very likely) first year teething problems it will have., buy it.

Lexus blew it with the IS250. Ridiculously under powered vs. the 325i. I had great hopes the Is would become a good 330 competitor, but it didn't happen.

Reply to
GRL

I gather that neither the 250 nor the 350 has a stick shift option. Count me out-- I'll keep my manual IS300 until either Lexus comes to its senses or the wheels fall off my IS. It would appear that after a decent first attempt at beating the 3-series with the original IS, Lexus just gave up. Too bad the current 3-series is so butt-ugly. Managed to combine the worst of European with the worst of Japanese styling.

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

The 250 can be had with a stick. Not the 350, though.

Lexus is weird, sometimes.

They really don't seem to want to challenge BMW head-on.

Reply to
GRL

Buy it from a Southeastern distributor. Here the IS250/350 will have metal trim.

Reply to
Travis Jordan