Have RX330 considering Tundra. Am I crazy?

I own a 2005 RX330 w/DVD navigation, Mark Levenson stereo etc. It currently has 25k miles on it. I really like it. Love the ride and can even get past the jerky tranny. But find that I miss the utility of a pick up truck. My wife is forever wanting me to haul crap that no "sane" person would consider carrying in a luxury car. So far I have been able to keep it undamaged and have a WeatherTech mat for the rear cargo area. I know that sometime in the near future that I'll probably gouge the interior, spill something that cannot be removed or who knows what else.

I'm thinking about either a Toyota Tundra double cab or a Nissan Titan double cab. I like the looks of the Titan but believe the Tundra would probably be the better choice. Sure, would loose the great quiet ride, GPS (although I do have a Garmin 2610 that I use on my motorcycle), rear seat DVD player (which has only been used twice when traveling with my grandson) and all the other luxury touches that a Lexus offers but for my current lifestyle it's just not practical.

AM I CRAZY or?????

Reply to
KJB

You are not crazy. These cars are not for everyone. For what you are trying it seems a pickup or SUT would be more practical. I have heard nothing but great things about the new Tundra. Go for it if it makes your life easier is what I say. Nothing wrong with not owning a particular brand of car if they don't make something that suits your lifestyle, nor is there any sense in owning a model that doesn't cater to your needs as well as something else might.

Reply to
NYLexSC

I wouldn't say you're crazy if a pickup suits your needs more than an SUV.

I thought I read somewhere that the Nissan Titan had some quality issues; they may or may not be resolved by now.

We have a 2003 Sequoia, which is based on the Tundra chassis, and it has been trouble free. A friend has a Tundra and it has been trouble free for him as well.

You may also want to consider the Tacoma double cab if it is large enough for your needs.

Reply to
Ray O

Why not make your wife drive the truck?

Reply to
Cary Scheck

I am assuming that you're replying to me??? Anyway I don't want to "make" her do anything. Although I have suggested on a few occasions that she take over the RX330. I don't know why but she seems quite happy with her Infiniti G35. Damn her! :-)

Reply to
KJB