Help Throttle Position Sensor RX300

Hi, I finally found out why my check engine light is on. The throttle position sensor is causing it. Can anyone tell me where this sensor is and if it is difficult to replace myself? Thanks

Reply to
Archi1

You might consider getting the motors manual from Lexus. I got one for my

94 es300 and the first problem recovered the cost of the manual. It's very helpful. Sorry, don't know where the sensor is for yours.

Reply to
dulles

The TPS should be right on the throttle body where the butterfly valve is. A small black box held on with 2 or 3 screws and a wire connector coming off of it.

Reply to
qslim

I cannot find it. Can you provide a little more detail like where is he butterfly valve? Is the sensor inside this box? I have a replacement sensor I cannot match up with anything I see.

Reply to
Archi1

This is Turtle.

I'm not sure of where it is on a RX-300 but it is on the LS-400 I do. Pull the top cover over the intake . It will be on the front side of the air intake just before the air goes into the top of the intake header. It will be a black rounded at one end and a plug in for atleast 6 to 8 wire to plug into it. There will be 2 screws holding it on there and they are hell to unscrew and you need a 2" screw driver to get to them.

Well here is one for you. Go down to Auto Zone and have then look up the TPS for your year and model and they will show you a pictuire of it and have them show you on your RX where it is. They will go out side and put their finger on it for you. The TPS for the LS-400 cost $99.00 at Auto Zone and Lexus wants $140.00+ for them.

Now the TPS is the same exact switch that goes on most all the Maxima Cars also. The replacement at Auto Zone has Toyota wrote on the top of it.

It is simple to change but you got to fool with those two horses behind of screws holding it on.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE